PinoySoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kashim45
Cool Member
kashim45

Number of posts : 103
PS Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor Empty
PostSubject: Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor   Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:11 am

WARNING: Editing the Registry improperly can cause adverse performance of your operating system and can even cause your OS to be corrupted or non-bootable.

This will deal with network printers only.

Step 1. Login as the account that is having problems removing a printer. If the account is not an admin account, I would recommend making it one to make things easier. (Regedit requires admin rights along w/stopping and starting of services; which we will be doing).

Step 2. Open the Registry Editor. You can do this by going to your Start Menu > Run and then type "regedit" in the run box and hit Enter.

Step 3. In the Registry Editor, Expand the My Computer area. Then go to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Printers > Connections

Hopefully you will see the printer that you cannot delete. Click on the printer name and hit the delete button.

Now the printer will instantly disappear from the printers and faxes list.

There is also one more spot to remove the printer from in the Registry.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Print > Providers > LanMan Print Services > Servers > Printers

hopefully you will see another folder below the Printers one that will refer to the name of the print server hosting the printer.

If you do not have any other network printers on that server, you can delete the folder of the print server. (ie my printers are on my server called my-print; i would then see a my-print folder and under that my actual printer; ). Otherwise, find the printer under the print server folder (ie my-print) and delete the printer.

To finish the registry edits, close the Registry Editor and then reboot.

Hopefully that network printer will no longer show.

Again, like most things that are done in the registry editor, BE CAREFUL on what you delete or do not. Bad registry edits can cause your XP machine not to boot or BSOD.
Back to top Go down
ms. undefined
PS Addict
ms. undefined

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor   Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:23 am

THANKS FOR THE SHARE KASH..:D
Back to top Go down
http://deemaxx.darkbb.com/
fiLkapritaHh
Jr.Administrator
Jr.Administrator
fiLkapritaHh

Number of posts : 225
ShoutOut : \"all things with beginning has an ending\"
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor   Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:10 am

Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor 628617
Back to top Go down
sOuLtaKer
GFX Designer
GFX Designer
sOuLtaKer

Number of posts : 575
My Mood : Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor 2jcwtoh
ShoutOut : in time, we realize that their are people who are UNWORTHY of our sacrifices after all.. We just have to forget them, just like the way they forget us.
Warning Level : Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor Warn
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor   Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:58 pm

ty pu
Back to top Go down
http://pxdesignz.com/
aLayt3ch
WebMaster
WebMaster
aLayt3ch

Number of posts : 375
My Mood : Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor 1ynybs
Country : Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor Flag_s15
PS Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor   Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 am

wow tnx po Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor 187989
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor   Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remove Any Network Printer via Registry Editor
Page 1 of 1