PinoySoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

USB to Nokia Safe Charger

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kashim45
Cool Member
kashim45

Number of posts : 103
PS Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-02

USB to Nokia Safe Charger Empty
PostSubject: USB to Nokia Safe Charger   USB to Nokia Safe Charger I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:57 am

[align=justify]
his simple project shows you how to make a USB powered Nokia cell phone charger. The advantage is that it weighs much less than the bulky AC adaptor, and can be used wherever you have a computer or a laptop. I use this thing all the time now!

What do I mean by “safe charger”? Honestly I’m not sure. I’m just going on what I was able to infer from what I read off my multimeter. What I found was that the voltage across the nokia charge pins was rapidly fluctuating from Vdd to about 4 volts above Vdd. It would not do to have ~9 volts injected into a 5 volt bus! Thankfully, all you need to do is stick a diode in there and that’s that. So the diode might not be needed, but it’s safe! Thus, “Safe Charger”.

So far, it charges my phone just fine, but slightly slower than the wall wart that came with it. I think so, anyway.

Step one: strip off the shielding and insulation on an inch or so of the usb cable. Clip the white and green cables to uneven lengths so they can’t conduct into each other or either of the power lines. Hopefully you should be left with a black wire and a red wire.

Step two: Clip off a length of the nokia chargers phone-side plug. You won’t be needing the wall wart part anymore. Strip off the insulation from the nokia plug wire. Hopefully you should have a red wire and a black one. the red wire should be connected to the inner barrel of the plug, and the black one should be connected to the outer barrel.

Step three: Attach a normal silicon diode (not a zener diode) with the line part towards the nokia plug. It should go between the red wires from both cables . Attach the black wires from each cable together.

I suggest staggering the lengths of the wires so that the solder joints have less chance of coming into contact.

Check all the wires with a multimeter to make sure they are really the right ones! The colors might not be standard.
[/align]

USB to Nokia Safe Charger Usb_charger_diagram

[align=justify]Step four: cover that baby in hot glue! Yeah! [/align]

USB to Nokia Safe Charger TapeErUp

[align=justify]
Step five: Cover that nogoodnick cable in electrical tape!

That’s it!
[/align]
Back to top Go down
ms. undefined
PS Addict
ms. undefined

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: USB to Nokia Safe Charger   USB to Nokia Safe Charger I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:27 am

THANKS FOR THE SHARE KASH..:D
Back to top Go down
http://deemaxx.darkbb.com/
fiLkapritaHh
Jr.Administrator
Jr.Administrator
fiLkapritaHh

Number of posts : 225
ShoutOut : \"all things with beginning has an ending\"
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: USB to Nokia Safe Charger   USB to Nokia Safe Charger I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:02 am

kashim mamatz..nokia user talaga me...
Back to top Go down
sOuLtaKer
GFX Designer
GFX Designer
sOuLtaKer

Number of posts : 575
My Mood : USB to Nokia Safe Charger 2jcwtoh
ShoutOut : in time, we realize that their are people who are UNWORTHY of our sacrifices after all.. We just have to forget them, just like the way they forget us.
Warning Level : USB to Nokia Safe Charger Warn
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: USB to Nokia Safe Charger   USB to Nokia Safe Charger I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:33 pm

tnx pu
Back to top Go down
http://pxdesignz.com/
aLayt3ch
WebMaster
WebMaster
aLayt3ch

Number of posts : 375
My Mood : USB to Nokia Safe Charger 1ynybs
PS Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: USB to Nokia Safe Charger   USB to Nokia Safe Charger I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:04 am

wow,tnx for sharing yong thoughts xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USB to Nokia Safe Charger   USB to Nokia Safe Charger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USB to Nokia Safe Charger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PinoySoft :: Tech Stuffs :: PC Tips And Tricks-
Jump to:  
  Affiliates » [Link Us|Apply]
PinoySoft PXDesignz XtremeShare CodecDesignz JLdesignz Creeps-Design BlogSpreads ALCT Techtrip GFX Core PinkFab PinoyPandesal
Site Owned by:Noscire
Copyright © 2008-PinoySoft
http://www.pinoysoft.net
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com